❶ Celebrate Our 75th Anniversary
The Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO) was incorporated on March 23, 1942 and remains a strong voice in today’s governmental public health system. Now celebrating its 75th anniversary, ASTHO helps its members provide vital services for their communities to prevent diseases and protect public health within states and territories.
❷ Engage with Nationally-Recognized Public Health Leaders
Listen as keynote speakers offer fresh perspectives and ideas related to early brain development, addiction science, telehealth, and creating a culture of health.
Featured keynotes include:
- Sanjeev Arora, MD, Director, Project ECHO
- Richard Besser, MD, President and CEO, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Brenda Fitzgerald, MD, ASTHO Alumni Society Member (Georgia)
- Este Geraghty, MD, ESRI’s Chief Medical Officer and Health Solutions Director
- Andrew Gurman, MD, Past President, American Medical Association
- Anna Lembke, MD, Author of Drug Dealer, MD
- Nirav Shah, MD, MPH, Senior Vice President and COO for Clinical Operations, Kaiser Permanente-Southern California
- Jack Shonkoff, MD, Director, Harvard University’s Center on the Developing Child
❸ Learn About the ASTHO President’s Challenge…
The President’s Challenge was first launched in 2009 by then-ASTHO President Judy Monroe, MD. It provides a timely topical focus for public health policy and practice. Since then, each ASTHO president has selected a challenge on topics such as health equity, injury prevention, infant mortality, healthy aging, and integration of public health and primary care.
The 2017 President’s Challenge, issued by ASTHO President Jay Butler, MD, urges public health leaders to adopt broad, multisector approaches to prevent substance misuse and addictions.
❹ …And Be the First to Know About ASTHO's New Strategy for Responding to the Nation’s Opioid Crisis
During the annual meeting, ASTHO will unveil a framework for state and territorial health agencies to lead across government to organize resources within and across jurisdictions, engage in strategic conversations, and strengthen comprehensive response plans that promote multiprogram, government-wide approaches to combating opioid misuse and abuse.
❺ Be Our Guest at the 75th Anniversary Gala
Dress to impress! Before the annual meeting kicks off, you’re invited to a special gala and awards ceremony honoring public health champions and visionaries. Enjoy a plated dinner, cash bar, and live entertainment! Recipients of ASTHO’s 2017 Excellence in Public Health Awards, Presidential Meritorious Service Award, Legislative Champion Awards, and the de Beaumont PH WINS Model Practices and Policies Challenge winners will be announced during this event.